[sylpheed:31283] PGP/MIME-signing breaks sig delimiter

Godwin Stewart gstewart at bonivet.net
Fri May 11 22:21:53 JST 2007

Hi,

Only yesterday I noticed that, when PGP/MIME-signing mails, sylpheed is
sending out non-standards-compliant messages and has been doing so for
several months!

This is reproducible with multiple versions of sylpheed - I tried last
night with several version from 2.2.0 upwards - which makes me wonder
if it isn't actually a GPGME-related problem.

The signature delimiter in unsigned mails is as it should be:
dash-dash-space on its own on a line.

If you sign a mail using the PGP/MIME method (not clear text) then, once
the mail is in the send queue, the trailing space on the signature
delimiter has been stripped.

I haven't yet been able to figure out whether it's GPGME stripping this
space or it's sylpheed not feeding it to GPGME in the first place.

Any insight into this (or a workaround?) would be welcome.

Environment:
Sylpheed-2.4.1
GPGME v1.1.4
GnuPG v1.4.7
libgpg-error v1.4

TIA,

G. Stewart - gstewart at bonivet.net

QOTD - "It was so cold last Winter that I even saw a lawyer with his
hands in his own pockets"