[sylpheed:31581] Re: Feature request: Adding a new e-mailadress by answering to addressbook

André Costa blueser at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 02:11:17 JST 2007

Hi,

On 7/26/07, Gergo Szakal <bastyaelvtars at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 13:46:15 +0200
> Godwin Stewart <gstewart at bonivet.net> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 12:47:04 +0200, Frank Lanitz <linux at partysoke.de>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > I'm looking for a function I know from Kmail and Mozilla
> > > Thunderbird to add (automatically) new contacts I'm answering to my
> > > adressbook, Is there any chance for such a feature?
> >
> > You have nearly as good.
> >
> > Right-click on an address in the preview pane or the message view
> > window, and select "Add to address book..." in the context menu.
> >

> He means he wants addresses that he/she communicates with frequently to
> be automatically added. This originates from GMail IIRC and it is the
> only feature I miss from Sylpheed since I switched from Thunderbird.

What would be a reasonable threshold for this (automatically adding
someone to the address book)? Would we have control over it? YMMV, but
just because I engaged on a 10 msg conversation with someone it
doesn't necessarily mean I would want to add him/her to my address
book. I prefer to keep it minimal, and only add people I really intend
to...

Of course as long as this is implemented as an additional feature
(disabled by default) I am ok with it =)

Regards,

Andre