[sylpheed:31568] Re: undigesting with Sylpheed

Celejar celejar at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 04:26:13 JST 2007

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 11:36:29 +0900
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 17:51:30 -0400
> Celejar <celejar at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > The only way I know of to break apart a mailing list digest into its
> > component messages is with the formail command.  If I pop my mail with
> > classic CLI tools such as fetchmail or getmail, than I would have my
> > MDA, such as procmail or maildrop, invoke formail, and then possibly
> > inject the messages back into the queue for further processing.  How
> > do I undigest when Sylpheed is popping the messages?  Do I use
> > formail as an 'External Command' in the 'Filters' section?  I can't
> > find an explanation of what happens to the output of the external
> > command.  Any help or pointers will be appreciated.
>
> You can use 'Execute command' in the filter action. Please note that
> Sylpheed isn't aware of what the command actually does.

Thanks, Hiro.  That's what I thought, but as you implied, I don't see a
straightforward way to direct formail's output back to Sylpheed for
delivery into the MH folders.  I suppose I could have formail pass the
separated messages to a different MDA, but I'm wondering if there's a
way to have Sylpheed grab the output and continue its delivery
procedures.  IOW, is there any way to do message undigesting within
Sylpheed, or do I have to bring in an additional MDA (besides the
formail command itself)?

> Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp>

Thanks for your great MUA!

Celejar