[sylpheed:30805] Re: Sylpheed 2.4.0beta1 released

Ricardo Nabinger Sanchez rnsanchez at wait4.org
Mon Jan 29 21:49:00 JST 2007

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 16:42:22 +0900
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp> wrote:

>     * The option to toggle window on trayicon click was added (enabled
>       by default on Unix).

I've been playing with this option, and think there's some issue perhaps
related only to XFCE, both 4.2 and 4.4.

If I enable "[ ] Minimize to tray icon", the behavior is the expected:
Sylpheed hides completely to the tray icon.  However, if I unhide Sylpheed on
some workspace, switch to another and go back, Sylpheed's main window won't
have the minimize button anymore (in the title bar), and clicking the tray
icon won't hide Sylpheed anymore.  This persists until the user goes to the
Configuration dialog, and simply press OK (no changes needed), the minimize
button is restored and everything works again.

Disabling the "Minimize to tray icon", but keeping "Toggle window on tray
icon click" marked, never shows this odd behavior, but Sylpheed isn't
completely hidden: a minimized window "button" still appears in the task bar,
among other windows that might be present in a given workspace.  This is what
I've been using as default, because I switch workspaces a lot.

Anyone not using XFCE does notice this behavior?  (XFCE is already confirmed.)

--
Ricardo Nabinger Sanchez     <rnsanchez@{gmail.com,wait4.org}>