[sylpheed:30779] Re: automatic encoding is now assumed as 8 bit instead of UTF-8 when composing messages

Cristian Secară orice at secarica.ro
Mon Jan 22 20:42:36 JST 2007

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 18:56:53 +0900, Hiroyuki Yamamoto wrote:

> Hmm, maybe upgrading GLib from 2.12.4 to 2.12.8 caused it.

I replaced the file libglib-2.0-0.dll from Sylpheed 2.3.0rc and the
problem disapeared.

> If you want to always send your messages with UTF-8, specify "Common
> prefs - Display - Encoding - Outgoing character encoding" manually.

Myes, I know that, but what about someone else who just install the
program and just want to type -> send ?

Apart from that, I don't know what to think about the "automatic"
sentence. What in fact means "automatic" here ? (when sending, because
when receiving this involves the message header)

Cristi