[sylpheed:30772] Re: feature request: select unread messages

Gene Goldenfeld genegold at highstream.net
Sun Jan 21 23:08:24 JST 2007

Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve at sohara.org> wrote:

>On Sat, 20 Jan 2007 16:13:52 -0600
>Gene Goldenfeld <genegold at highstream.net> wrote:
>
>> I just wish Sylpheed
>> opened to the first genuinely New message, instead of the first
>> one marked unread of any type.
>
>	I can't think why, that behaviour would really irritate me.
>	More to
>the point it would make it hard to read all the unread messages. I
>don't really see the point of distinguishing new and unread but having
>the distinction doesn't bother me and probably pleases some people.

I make a distinction between three types of email in my list (spam
eliminated before): mail read and kept in the Inbox; mail opened and
marked Unread for later return; and New mail not yet viewed. Mail
shouldn't get into one of the first two categories without passing
through the third, but if the third is inaccurate the system breaks
down.

Gene