[sylpheed:30766] Re: feature request: select unread messages

Gene Goldenfeld genegold at highstream.net
Sun Jan 21 07:13:52 JST 2007

Ricardo Nabinger Sanchez <rnsanchez at wait4.org> wrote:

>On Sat, 20 Jan 2007 14:50:57 -0600
>Gene Goldenfeld <genegold at highstream.net> wrote:
>
>> Do you mean truly Unread, as in not viewed, or the true Unreads and
>> the marked Unreads?
>
>The latter.  I don't know if Sylpheed distinguishes among old unreads,
>new unreads and manually set as unread, but anyway I believe it would
>be confusing for the user, specially the inexperienced ones.

Well, then you must know something about how Sylpheed
distinguishes. :)  What's confusing for any level of user is to have
5 in the New count, bring in 5 more and still have only 5.  Your
proposal would at least get around that issue by showing them all,
including the previously viewed, marked unread.  I just wish Sylpheed
opened to the first genuinely New message, instead of the first
one marked unread of any type.

Gene