[sylpheed:30761] Re: feature request: select unread messages

Gene Goldenfeld genegold at highstream.net
Sun Jan 21 05:50:57 JST 2007

Ricardo Nabinger Sanchez <rnsanchez at wait4.org> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Just a simple request: addition of "Edit > Select unread messages",
>which as the name suggests, would select all unread messages in the
>current folder.
>
>Comments?

Do you mean truly Unread, as in not viewed, or the true Unreads and
the marked Unreads?  Even if both, I would support your proposal, but
find it insufficient for my needs.  The problem I have is that in
Sylpheed language there are both New and Unread messages (and counts),
and New messages move out of the New pile and into the Unread one
without having ever being opened (there are also manually marked
Unreads). This approach is to me a continuing annoyance. What I'd like
to see is New including everything that is actually unviewed, whether
received 5 minutes or 5 days ago (this would exclude the manually
marked).  The thing is that if the list is chronological, the
just-received ones typically go to the end (or threads near the end)
and so it's obvious which they are; there's no need to delete them
from the New count.  Thus far, Hiro remains unmoved for reasons that
are not clear to me (conceptual, application limitations, or?).

Gene