[sylpheed:30739] missing encoding protection in case of impossible encoding in header fields

Cristian Secară orice at secarica.ro
Wed Jan 17 04:52:30 JST 2007

When using an encoding different than UTF-8, if I enter some language
specific characters that does not belong to the selected codepage, an
error popup asks me if I want to send the body as UTF-8 instead.
However, nobody prevent me to send the message if my
particular character(s) are in the To:, From:, Subject, Cc: etc. fields.

For example, my name is Secară. If I choose ISO-8859-1 encoding, the
"ă" character cannot be encoded, but for some reason Sylpheed does not
notify that and it send it with an nonsense encoding.

In my example the encoding is this
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Secar=5F=5F?=
and the displayed name is this
Secar__