[sylpheed:30702] Re: purge/empty folders?

Ricardo Nabinger Sanchez rnsanchez at wait4.org
Tue Jan 9 22:56:24 JST 2007

On Mon, 8 Jan 2007 22:02:05 +0100
Andrei Mircea <mircea.andrei at wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> So you suggest that only "yes" votes" should be adressed to Hiroshi. That's
> ok with me...

No, far from it! :)

What I mean is that I hope that you have arguments other then "Thanks, but
no", or people will start objecting anything just because they don't see the
point of some or other feature.

For instance, I could send Hiro a message asking him to remove the Japanese
documentation, because I can't read Japanese at all, so it is useless (not in
a offensive meaning) for me.  He could then  reply me with a "Hey, there's
more Japanese users than Brasillians, so instead I'll remove pt_BR.po and
all Portuguese-related support.  Thanks for your message!".

In a short way, either requesting or objecting a feature should come with a
objective reason, so others can discuss it.

Given this thread, I'd expect your objection to a spam folder to contain
something like "I object because it will slow down Sylpheed" or "... because
it won't work with IMAP4+SSL accounts" or something else.  Simply saying "I
object because I won't use it" does not give us a hint why you think such a
feature is bad, and how (or if) it can be adapted to suit your and others'
needs.

I hope I was clear enough this time.  :)

Regards.

--
Ricardo Nabinger Sanchez     <rnsanchez@{gmail.com,wait4.org}>