[sylpheed:30974] Re: "error occured while processing messages"

Andrei Mircea mircea.andrei at wanadoo.fr
Mon Feb 19 08:18:30 JST 2007

On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 12:16:45 +0100
Pavlos Parissis <p_pavlos at freemail.gr> wrote:

> On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 10:59:02 +0000
> Andrei Mircea <mircea.andrei at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> > I just realized that I have a problem when trying to move messages from the
> > input folder to another folder. I get an error window with the text
> > reproduced in the subject of the present message.
>
> I cannot reproduce the problem in Debian Sarge with Sylpheed 2.4.0beta4.
> What do you see on the log?
>
> Try to start sylpheed in debug mode and check the permission on the directories.
>
> >In Windows this does not
> > happen. I tried both with the recent Sylpheed version 2.4.0beta3 and with an
> > older one (2.2.9), the same error arises. Where should I look for a
> > solution ? thank you in advance. Andrei

I understood what happens. The error arises when the destination folder is a sub-folder in another folder in Mail. I have a folder called "software" and in it there are many sub-folders corresponding to various software companies or authors. The Mail folder is situated in a fat32 partition (I access it either from Linux or from Windows). The error occurs when I try to move a message in one of these sub-folders; it does not occur when I move in one of the folders directly under Mail. The error is accompanied by a message on the console from which I launch XWindows. For instance, for a sub-folder called "boxer", the message is:
/mnt/hdc5/Mail/soft\boxer: chdir: No such file or directory
therefore the problem is due to the anti-slash character appearing there instead of a slash one. And indeed, in folderlist.xml, the paths to these sub-folders are written with anti-slash, e.g.
	...name="boxer" path="soft\boxer"...