[sylpheed:30948] Re: [sylpheed-announce:00028] Sylpheed 2.4.0beta4 released

Evgeni Golov sargentd at die-welt.net
Thu Feb 15 18:53:45 JST 2007

Hello Hiroyuki,

On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 18:03:21 +0900 Hiroyuki Yamamoto wrote:

> Sylpheed 2.4.0beta4 (development) has been released.

great, compiled and runs well on my Debian unstable system.

> At this version, an attempt to support Windows Vista was made. 2.4.0
> will officially support Vista.

Then you're faster than Apple ;-)
Don't really use Vista, but have a box installed, because of software
testing. Not only our software, but yours too, so Sylpheed runs on
Vista x86 Ultimate quite well here. The installation went well, I only
had to accept unauthorized software (fuckin' MS
signatures/certificates). Sylpheed seems to run well here but I noticed
one small bug:
The send-to-systray fuctionality works only randomly:
if I click minimize in the upper right corner, everything is okay
if I click the trayicon, sylpheed minimizes only, if I was somewhere
else before clicking: surfin the web, clickin tray, sylpheed comes to
foreground, clicking tray once more and its minimized. but when I click
try now, sylpheeds opens and I can click as often as I want and
sylpheed wont go back into tray. This works on Linux here.
Maybe some bug in the Windoze GTK? Or Sylpheed?

Regards, and as always, many thanks for your work
Evgeni

--
   ^^^    | Evgeni -SargentD- Golov (sargentd at die-welt.net)
 d(O_o)b  | GPG/PGP-Key-ID: 0xAC15B50C