[sylpheed:30835] Re: Sylpheed 2.4.0beta1 released

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 03:47:40 JST 2007

On 31/01/07, Andre Costa wrote:

> > Sylpheed 2.4.0beta1 (development) has been released.
> >
> > Testers are welcome :-)
> >     * The option to toggle window on trayicon click was added (enabled
> >       by default on Unix).
>
> This seems not to work on fluxbox running on Ubuntu Edgy. I tried this
> at work and clicking on the tray icon simply has no effect.
>
> Can anyone confirm this? I don't think it's Ubuntu related, it is
> probably fluxbox's fault, but maybe there's a workaround that makes it
> work with it.

Mixed results here.

Fedora Core 6 with GNOME. After turning on the tray icon, I start
Sylpheed and left-click the tray icon. Sylpheed's main window gets
minimised as expected, separate folder view window stays on the
screen. I click the icon again, the main window is raised. Subsequent
clicks on the tray icon only cause flickering windows (looks like the
main window is selected for a very short time only for the folder view
window to get focus afterwards). However, when I select Sylpheed's
main window and only then click the tray icon, it is minimised again.
So, it doesn't work completely yet.