[sylpheed:31636] Re: Possible bug with new mail notification icon

Hiroyuki Yamamoto hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp
Wed Aug 15 10:57:41 JST 2007

Hello,

On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 10:54:27 -0500
John Gateley <sylpheed at jfoo.net> wrote:

> When Sylpheed checks for new mail and gets some, it will flash
> the "new mail" icon in the upper bar on the screen. (The "S" on
> the grey envelope image alternates with another having an
> orange envelope superimposed). After a few flashes, it remains
> as the "orange envelope" image. Reading the new mail resets it
> to the all grey image.
>
> However, if I read the mail BEFORE the flashing is done, it
> never resets to the grey image (until the next time mail is
> checked and a new message is received).

This is a known problem since I have implemented the notification
icon :)

The solution will be:
 If any new mail was read while getting messages, don't notify it.
or should it be:
 If new mails more than received were read while getting messages,
don't notify it.

--
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp>