[sylpheed:31211] Re: Interested user questions

Gene Goldenfeld genegold at highstream.net
Sun Apr 29 10:23:56 JST 2007

Jeffrey Needle <jeff.needle at gmail.com> wrote:

>Thanks for the info.  It's the delay that bothers me so much.  None of
>my other programs I've tried has this delay.  Are they working to
>improve this?  I like sylpheed, I like that it's portable, and very
>easy to use.

I've assumed the delay in my case is due to using different ISPs for
email and newsgroups, though that doesn't really explain the delay
moving between newsgroups or messages within one. However, I don't see
where switching out of Sylpheed email into another app for newsgroups is
going to save time.  The "they," btw, is Hiro Yamamoto, our hero
(sorry!), who monitors the board and often answers questions or
comments. You can see more in the archives at the Sylpheed site.

Gene