[sylpheed:31187] Extremly long time to select all messages in a large maildir folder

Christoph Mallon christoph.mallon at gmx.de
Mon Apr 23 04:26:58 JST 2007

Hi,

I have a slight performance issue with sylpheed 2.3.1 and 2.4.0b7.
I created a maildir based folder and imported about 50k mails from a
mbox file. I then selected all mails via CTRL+A to later mark them as
read. Selecting them took about two minutes on my AthlonXP 2000+ and
used the whole CPU during this time. Deselecting takes about the same
time. A friend tried the same with an IMAP based folder and the problem
does not seem to exist there. Otherwise sylpheed seems to work fine on
FreeBSD 6.2.

	Christoph