[sylpheed:31185] Re: Questions from a new user

Jeffrey Needle jeff.needle at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 01:35:01 JST 2007

John Gateley wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Apr 2007 19:49:54 -0400
> Jeffrey Needle <jeff.needle at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> 1.  Is Sylpheed truly portable?  I use WinXP, SP2 on a Dell system.
>>

> I use Sylpheed on 3 different systems, 2 winXP with SP2, one linux.
> Yes, it is portable. It's one of the features I love about Sylpheed.
>
> I can't help with your other question, sorry.

I think I may not have asked the question correctly.  Can I copy my
Sylpheed install on a USB stick to another computer and have it run off
the stick?  I'm doing some travelling this coming summer and I need to
take my computer life along with me.

And another question, if I may.  E-mail seems to work very well, but it
takes forever to open a new news item.  When I press the down-arrow to
open the next news item, it takes nearly three seconds for the highlight
to move to the next item.  And then a few seconds to load the text.  Is
there any way to speed this up?

Thanks!

--

Jeffrey Needle