[sylpheed:31163] Re: issues on drag and drop, pgp-sign and nntp-support

Hiroyuki Yamamoto hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp
Thu Apr 19 10:51:59 JST 2007

Hello,

On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 15:16:22 +0200
sopra-it at gmx.net wrote:

> - Drag And Drop of text in the compose window never worked for me
> (I'm using sylpheed since some years now...). I can select text, drag
> it, but it always returns to its original position as soon as I drop
> it. Can this be due to misconfiguration of my system? Or might this
> be a bug?

This is intentionally disabled, since adding attachments using DnD
somehow would be broken unless it is disabled. It is possible that it
has been fixed now, so I'll look into it again.

> - Not all PGP-signed messages are recognised as signed.
> but sylpheed does not recognise them as signed. So I have to verify
> them "by hand" which is quite uncomfortable. I think
> Thunderbird/Enigmail produces this kind of messages.

It is called clear-text signature (deprecated, but still widely used).
Sylpheed currently only recognizes PGP/MIME format.

> - Finally something which is a bug I think: If the "From" line of a
> mail contains quotes, in the summary pane only the part before the
> quotes is shown. For example: If the from line is set to John "The
> Master" Doe <john at doe.com> slypheed just shows John \
> in the summary pane. And in the message window it is displayed as
> "John \"The Master\" Doe" <john at doe.com>
> which also doesn't look nice in my opinion.

The current header parser doesn't handle escape character in quotations.
I'll fix it in the near future.

--
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp>