[sylpheed:31152] issues on drag and drop, pgp-sign and nntp-support

sopra-it at gmx.net sopra-it at gmx.net
Wed Apr 18 22:16:22 JST 2007

Hello all,

I'm using Sylpheed 2.4.0rc (GTK+ 2.8.20; i686-pc-linux-gnu) on Slackware 11. It' a great program however there are four points which have always been quite annoying for me:

- Drag And Drop of text in the compose window never worked for me (I'm using sylpheed since some years now...). I can select text, drag it, but it always returns to its original position as soon as I drop it. Can this be due to misconfiguration of my system? Or might this be a bug?

- Not all PGP-signed messages are recognised as signed.
sylpheed does not recognise them as signed. So I have to verify them "by
hand" which is quite uncomfortable. I think Thunderbird/Enigmail produces this kind of messages.

- In nntp-postings, attachments from Outlook-users are not recogized by
sylpheed. What is supposed to be displayed as attachment is displayed as ASCII text in the message window and starts with for example " begin 666 file.zip [...]". I have to use an action to uu-decode the attachment. Is there a chance that sylpheed supports these kind of attachments?

- Finally something which is a bug I think: If the "From" line of a mail contains quotes, in the summary pane only the part before the quotes is shown. For example: If the from line is set to
John "The Master" Doe <john at doe.com>
slypheed just shows
John \
in the summary pane. And in the message window it is displayed as
"John \"The Master\" Doe" <john at doe.com>
which also doesn't look nice in my opinion.

Thanks.