[sylpheed:31131] Re: Mailing List recognition

Ervin Peters ervin.peters at ervnet.de
Thu Apr 12 14:54:03 JST 2007

On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 10:37:49 +0900 Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp>
wrote:

>Hello,
>
>On Sun, 8 Apr 2007 20:11:39 +0200
>Ervin Peters <ervin.peters at ervnet.de> wrote:
>
>> But now I recognized that for some mails received from a mailing list
>> sylpheed does not recognize it as from a mailing list. When I choose
>> answer to mailinglist it still uses the 'from' email as destination
>> address.
>>
>> My question is, how does Sylpheed decides the mail is a list mail?
>>
>> The mailman administrator told me that it should base on the List-Id
>> header but it is correct, also the list-post header.
>>
>> So what is going wrong?
>
>Sylpheed looks for the List-Post: header when replying to a mailing
>list. Your example seems to be okay.

But it does hot work properly.

If I choose 'reply to' in the menu and then 'sender' [1] I get the
senders address in [To:].
If I choose 'reply to' an the 'mailing list' I get the senders address
in [To:].
If I choose 'reply to' and then 'all' I get the senders address in
[To:] and the list address in [CC:].

But only for this list, for other lists it works, but the set the
Reply-To header to there list [2].

>Also please check in folder property, auto-set of addresses is not
>enabled.

Answering to mailinglist in properties is enabled.

Sylpheed 2.3.0 on Gentoo-Linux.

ervin

[1] I use the german version: 'Antwort an' an then 'Absender|
Mailingliste|Alle'

[2] A header which works: