[sylpheed:31126] Re: auto conversion from UTF-8 to ISO-8859-15 fails

Cristian Secară orice at secarica.ro
Thu Apr 12 04:58:40 JST 2007

On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 21:20:50 +0200, spaetabends at web.de wrote:

> Thank you for your kind help. I didn't know about UTF-8 and will use
> it instead.

It is fine to use UTF-8 at all time, except for a combination when the
recipient is on Yahoo mail AND in case the resepctive user is reading
his e-mail with the standard (read: old) Yahoo mail interface. The new
Yahoo mail interface (currently in beta) can read UTF-8 well, but some
will try to avoid it mostly becasue it gives a bloated feeling, or even
because of not knowing about its existence.

> Furthermore I will not annoy you with my stupid questions any more.

This is never a stupid question.

Cristi

--
Cristian Secară