[sylpheed:31085] Re: Trouble parsing attachments

Hiroyuki Yamamoto hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp
Wed Apr 4 12:57:51 JST 2007

Hello,

On Tue, 3 Apr 2007 12:23:03 -0400
"Patrick J. Daly" <pjdaly at erols.com> wrote:

> For example, someone forwarded me a .wmv file which I could
> tell was there by bringing the mail file up in an editor.
> But it was lost to Slypheed which apparently get confused
> finding the boundaries when emails get reforwarded enough
> times.

In the current implementation, Sylpheed will stop MIME parsing if the
level of nesting reaches 8. Maybe your message reached that restriction.

I think this restriction has been added to prevent DoS attack, but
it seems that the threshold should be raised now (to 256 or something).

--
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp>