[sylpheed:30074] Re: Sylpheed asked about charset conversion even in automatic setting

Gene Goldenfeld genegold at highstream.net
Mon Sep 25 22:13:42 JST 2006

Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 19:49:47 -0500
>Gene Goldenfeld <genegold at highstream.net> wrote:
>
>> Hiro, Is there downside to having an option that allows users to set
>> the character set for incoming or outgoing mail to something other
>> than default?
>
>? It's already exist: "Common prefs - Display - Encoding"
>
>--
>Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp>

Hiro -- No, "Common prefs - Display - Encoding" is conditional. The
text with it says, "This is used when displaying messages with missing
character encoding."  Some of the email I receive needs Western European
Windows encoding to be fully read, and I have that set in "Common
prefs - Display - Encoding," but Sylpheed does not make the change. I'm
asking about allowing the user to change the default character set,
i.e. the starting point, and if that would cause problems.  This could
also be changed under "View - Character Encoding," if it held session to
session.

Gene