[sylpheed:30069] Re: App hangs while getting mails

Oliver Meißner-Knippschild lists.o at la-familia-grande.de
Mon Sep 25 15:18:43 JST 2006

Steven M. Bellovin wrote on Sun, 24 Sep 2006 18:21:29 -0400:
>This is by far my biggest complaint about sylpheed -- that other
>interactions are frozen while retrieving email and scanning folders for
>new email.

But I really can't understand why Sylpheed scans IMAP-folders.
As far as I know the IMAP-protocol implements a feature that the IMAP
server sends an information about the arrival of new email to connected
MUAs. This works fine in an courier-imap/Outlook environment, so it
would be nice see it working in an courier-imap/sylpheed environment.
In this case scanning imap-folders recursively would be neccessary only
at startup of sylpheed.

Or am I wrong?

Best regards,
Oliver Meißner-Knippschild <lists.o at la-familia-grande.de>