[sylpheed:30038] Re: sylpheed segv when text is selected and window closed

Hiroyuki Yamamoto hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp
Thu Sep 21 10:22:53 JST 2006

Hello,

On Sat, 2 Sep 2006 12:26:18 -0400
Don Koch <aardvark at krl.com> wrote:

> Not sure if this is a sylpheed bug or a gtk/glib bug.
>
> Sylpheed: 2.2.7
> GTK: 2.10.2
> glib: 2.12.2
> Linux: 2.6.17
>
> If you have text selected in a window (e.g. for a paste to another
> window) and close that window, sylpheed crashes with a sigsegv in
> gclosure.c:g_type_class_meta_marshal.
>
> I can't get it to occur in other gtk programs which makes it look like
> a sylpheed bug. But, it works with with gtk 2.8 and glib 2.10, which
> makes it look more like a gtk/glib bug.
>
> Anyone else seen this, either in sylpheed or another gtk program?
> I'd like to figure out to whom I should send this bug.

Fixed (or work-arounded) in svn trunk.

In GTK+ 2.10, if one uses gtk_text_buffer_add_selection_clipboard() to a
GtkTextBuffer and destroy it without
gtk_text_buffer_remove_selection_clipboard(), program crashes.

This is not documented, so I think it's a GTK+-2.10's bug.

--
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp>