[sylpheed:30028] Character Set Encoding Request

Gene Goldenfeld genegold at highstream.net
Thu Sep 14 09:00:09 JST 2006

Hiro,

  Congratulations on your new position and thanks for this great
program.

  This is to request a change that allows the user to "permanently" set
the character set to something other than default.  For instance,
I'd like to set it to Western European Windows-1252. Currently, the
Configuartion > Display > Encoding setting is supposed to pick up
messages with missing character encoding, but as I have found an
increasing number of newsletter applications are using characters that
this function Sylpheed is missing and that show as empty squares.
Thanks.

Gene