[sylpheed:30322] Re: junk filtering not automatic

Seth Kurtzberg seth at cql.com
Tue Oct 31 22:35:05 JST 2006

Stefaan,

You've totally misinterpreted what I was saying and what I was suggesting, so let me clarify two major points.

1.  I was _NOT_ talking about why Hiroyuki hasn't implemented filtering for IMAP.  I was talking about implementing the IMAP feature _myself_.  I asked whether the feature is being implemented because I don't want to spend time on a feature that someone else is already working on.

2.  I said absolutely nothing about the popularity of IMAP, or Exchange, or anything else for that matter.

You misquoted below, as if my statement "I can't see any reason that is the case" applied to your statement about IMAP and exchange.  Since I sent my email _before_ you wrote yours', that would have been quite a trick.

What I said is that if _I_ implement IMAP, that has no negative impact on someone else implementing Exchange.  I said that because the tone of several comments implied that I wanted to divert resources from something else to handle IMAP.

Again, none of these things is true.  I was talking about implementing, _myself_, for IMAP, some features that are currently available for pop.

Seth