[sylpheed:30282] Re: junk filtering not automatic

Bob White bob at bob-white.com
Mon Oct 30 04:37:09 JST 2006

On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 12:15:45 +0100
regisr <regisr at pobox.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 28 Oct 2006 18:44:02 -0600
> Bob White <bob at bob-white.com> a écrit:
>
> > > Bogofilter learns as you classify spam and ham (non-spam) messages. At
> > > the beginning (if you don't have an initial database) it won't filter
> > > any messages.
>
> The filtering works but I need to run it manually from the Tools menu.
> But it don't do this when getting the mails and if I run it the junk
> filter the junk mails detected go to the spam folder.
>
> > It's important that you pick some of your good messages and classify
> > them as 'Not Span' to get it started.
>
> I have good and spam messages classified (set as not junk spam for good
> mails).
>

> regis

Hi Regis,

Hmmm,  if it's classifying from the Tools menu, it should be
classifying from the commands in Junk mail configuration too.

Here are the settings I have:
Configuration -> Common Preferences -> Junk Mail
     Enable junk control
         Learning commands:
           Junk:  bogofilter -s -I
           Not Junk:  bogofilter -n -I
         Classifying command: bogofilter -u -I

     Junk folder: #mh/Mailbox/Junk
     Filter messages classified as junk on receiving
     Filter junk mails before normal filtering

(Note:  I thought I had -N -s -I and -S -n -I but when I looked, I had
it set as above.  I've changed it now so I'll know if a day or two if
it's working better.)

Another thing you might try is to use a filter command that uses
[Result of command] to run bogofilter.

Bob W.