[sylpheed:30273] Re: junk filtering not automatic

Bob White bob at bob-white.com
Sun Oct 29 09:44:02 JST 2006

On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 00:53:50 +0300
Doruk Fisek <dfisek at fisek.com.tr> wrote:

> Sat, 28 Oct 2006 23:17:10 +0200, regisr <regisr at pobox.com> :
>
> > I have activated bogofilter but it don't filter when mails are
> > fetched. The filter works when I do it from the tools menu.
> Bogofilter learns as you classify spam and ham (non-spam) messages. At
> the beginning (if you don't have an initial database) it won't filter
> any messages.
>
>                    Doruk
>
> --
> FISEK INSTITUTE - http://www.fisek.org.tr

It's important that you pick some of your good messages and classify
them as 'Not Span' to get it started.  After it takes off, it improves
rapidly.  Also make sure -I is the last option in the bogofilter
command in Sylpheed's configuration.  I was using -I -u as suggested by
someone earlier and got no filtering until I changed it to -u -I.

Bob W.