[sylpheed:30245] Re: bogofilter

Bob White bob at bob-white.com
Wed Oct 25 23:33:32 JST 2006

On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 20:47:37 -0300
Ricardo Nabinger Sanchez <rnsanchez at wait4.org> wrote:

> The Bogofilter preset commands seems to be unoptimal, from what I understood
> reading Bogofilter's documentation.  I had some hard times reclassifying some
> mails (spam to not spam, and vice-versa), due to some odd "rank war".
> However, if I change the commands to these:
>
> 	junk:     bogofilter -N -s -I
> 	not junk: bogofilter -S -n -I
>
> I no longer have a rank war and things are almost always correctly
> reclassified with a single run ("set message as junk/not junk" from the
> Message menu).
>
> If I understood correctly, when you use with Bogofilter and some message is
> misclassified, you have to reclassify it both removing the wrong ranking (the
> upper-case N/S option) and then giving it the correct rank (the lower-case
> option).
>
> Not using the upper-case options lead to the necessity of reclassifying some
> misclassified message lots of times (sometimes 20+ times), here.
>
> Anyone confirms/refutes?

I added the -N and -S as above to see if it would improve the percentage
of junk mails classified as junk.  I only see an occasional email that
is wrongly classified as junk so needs to be reclassified as not junk.
As of today, none of the junk mails were classified as junk.  I don't
see anywhere to use a different command for classifying vs
reclassifying. Did you set this up someway to only use the modified
commands for reclassifying?

Bob W.