[sylpheed:30188] Re: defer the displaying of the main window on startup

DINH Viêt Hoà dinh.viet.hoa at free.fr
Tue Oct 17 17:03:59 JST 2006

Ricardo Nabinger Sanchez wrote:

> > > maybe sylpheed forgot to make changes in the message that are SMTP
> > > safe, such as converting parts to quoted-printable or base64 when
> > > they contains a trailing space at the end of a line.
> >
> > At the latest version, Sylpheed removes all trailing spaces from body
> > text, instead of using quoted-printable/base64 for increasing
> > compatibility with other MUAs (some of them don't handle
> > quoted-printable very well).
>
> OK, but either way Sylpheed would sign the message after these
> transformations, wouldn't it?

Yes. I also don't think that a serious mail client can tell it
supports MIME Security with OpenPGP (3156)
if it does not decode base64 and quoted-printable.
As said earlier text parts that are attachments and which form should
be preserved would be broken if you remove all trailing spaces.
Well, this strange RFC 3156 does not give recommendation for mail
gateways that would change RFC 2822 headers.

--
DINH V. Hoa