[sylpheed:30461] a possible feature request - make font associations with the given encoding

Cristian Secară orice at secarica.ro
Sun Nov 26 01:49:46 JST 2006

I received an english message that contained a Japanese signature.
The message was encoded ISO-2022-JP.

In Sylpheed the signature appeared as garbage, because my Arial font
(Latin based) did not contain most of the required glyphs.
In Outlook Express the signature appeared ok, because OE uses different
font for each main encoding. For Japanese it uses MS PGothic for
per-message (I assume it is per group of encoding in case the message
is multipart, but I have not teste that).

Are there any plans to do the same in Sylpheed ? This situation caught
my eye in particular, giving the fact that Sylpheed is basically a
Japanese product.

Cristi

--
Cristian Secară