[sylpheed:30360] Re: junk filtering not automatic

Bob White bob at bob-white.com
Mon Nov 6 04:35:32 JST 2006

On Sun, 5 Nov 2006 20:11:48 +0100
regisr <regisr at pobox.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 12:37:09 -0700
> Bob White <bob at bob-white.com> a écrit:
>
> > Another thing you might try is to use a filter command that uses
> > [Result of command] to run bogofilter.
>
> I wanted to try this but I can't find how to configure bogofilter. What
> options should be used?
> I have read the FAQs, Man page and the online help but I can't
> understand how to do it!
>
> How do it?

Hi Regis,

I'm assuming you have bogofilter installed and it's working.  All you
have to do is make a new filter rule 'Configuration -> Filter settings
-> Add'.  In the pull down list for the condition, which will probably
say 'From' by default, select 'Result of command'.  Type in the
bogofilter command in the space to the right.  bogofilter -I should
work.  You could use bofofilter -uI if your training commands are set to
bogofilter -nSI and bogofilter -SnI.  (Note that the last character in
the options is a capital i.)  Move this filter to be the first one
executed.

You will still need to enable junk mail filtering in the 'Common
Preferences' junk mail filtering area so that you can put in the
training commands but you might want to deselect filtering junk mail
before normal filtering.

Bob W.