[sylpheed:30660] Re: MIME decoding is not done

Stefaan A Eeckels Stefaan.Eeckels at ecc.lu
Sun Dec 31 04:03:29 JST 2006

On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 21:51:45 +0100
Joachim Selinger <selinger at bawue.de> wrote:

> I'm sure the sender is in error and violates tons of RFCs ;-) but
> would anyone be able to tell me what the violation is, so that I can
> complain competently to the sender? It's an automated system telling
> me about my ordered photo prints.
>
> On the other hand, is there a chance that Sylpheed displays it
> correctly? Can I add a header entry that tells sylpheed to decode it?

The problem is in the following header line:

              boundary = b38d8690f68df47e892692bd82cda2ff7

Notice the spaces around the equals sign. If you remove them:

Sylpheed decodes the message correctly.

I believe that the spaces surrounding the equals sign are a violation
of RFC2045, which says the following about the "Content-Type" syntax
(section 5.1):

| parameter := attribute "=" value

Notice that spaces are not allowed between "attribute" and "value".

A happy and prosperous 2007 to all Sylpheed users, and special wishes
for a fun and productive coding year go, of course, to Hiroyuki.

--
Stefaan