[sylpheed:30641] Re: Comments on 2.3.0

Hiroyuki Yamamoto hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp
Thu Dec 28 13:07:44 JST 2006

Hello,

On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 09:36:36 -0500
Bruce Bowler <bbowler at bigelow.org> wrote:

> In 2.2.7, if I clicked on the try icon while Sylpheed was not
> minimized, it would minimize Sylpheed.  That behaviour not long
> occurs.  I now must click the '_' in the upper right to minimize.  Is
> that change of behaviour expected?

It is expected, because the previous behavior was not common.

> In 2.2.7, I had defined an application to print mail messages
> (enscript).  I was a little surprised when I fired up 2.3.0 and tried
> to print that the application was still defined, rather than the
> native print dialog that I had expected to see.  I was even MORE
> surprised when I looked at the preferences and noticed that the "use
> external program printing" checkbox was *unchecked*.  Is that
> expected behaviour?

It is expected. The new printing function requires GTK+ 2.10. The
external printing command is always enabled independent of the checkbox
if the version of GTK+ is older (I hadn't come up with a better way).

> I'm disappointed that the English documentation and FAQ is still for
> 0.7.3.  If I were a writer, I'd offer to help with the re-write, but
> I'm not a good writer so won't extend the offer.  I will ask if there
> are plans to update the documentation in the near term.

Sorry for that. Someone really should update the English documents.
(can someone translate the Japanese documents into English?)

--
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp>