[sylpheed:30609] Re: some tutorial about using the spam filter ?

Andrei Mircea mircea.andrei at wanadoo.fr
Sat Dec 23 00:44:51 JST 2006

On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 10:16:01 +0200
Cristian Secară <orice at secarica.ro> wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 21:38:06 +0200, Andrei Mircea wrote:
>
> > which spam filter are you writing about ?
>
> The two included by default: "bogofilter -I" and/or "bsfilterw".
>
> Cristi

Here, I use the same: bsfilterw for Windows and bogofilter for Linux.
The binary bsfilterw.exe is in the sylpheed program directory. It builds its database there. It started working rather fast (as far as I remember, no more than 5 days). When I change sylpheed version, I copy the database and the binary in the new directory (2.3.0beta7 at present). I am reasonably happy with it (about 90% success, from time to time some good messages going into the junk folder, I must look for this every time).
I have similar results with bogofilter in Linux. The database is in the folder .bogofilter in the user's directory (in my configuration the user is also root).
	Andrei