[sylpheed:30588] Re: Sylpheed as an archived mail reader?

Gil Andre andre.g at wanadoo.fr
Sat Dec 16 08:51:37 JST 2006

Hello Mariusz,

On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 02:14:04 -0800 Mariusz <Mariusz_S at dslextreme.com> wrote:
> Would it be possible for Sylpheed to work in read-only mode?
>
> I'd like to archive years of e-mail onto a read-only medium; and on it,
> include Sylpheed installation for reading of the collection, which would
> be done on some other computer.
> The only assumption that can be made that the "other computer" would a
> Windows system.

Yes, that should be possible. Just make sure the email archive is
in a format compatible with Sylpheed and that Sylpheed itself is
set in "Work Offline" mode (File > Work Offline) and you are all
set.

Of course, you need to save the Windows version of Sylpheed on
the CD-ROM (or whatever media you are using), but I suppose you
already know this...

Best Regards,

--
  __  Gil ANDRE				  gil [at] panix   [dot] com
 (oO) 				andre [dot] g [at] wanadoo [dot] fr