[sylpheed:30573] Re: Sylpheed 2.3.0beta7 released

Gene Goldenfeld genegold at highstream.net
Thu Dec 14 22:19:07 JST 2006

Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Sylpheed 2.3.0beta7 (2.3.0beta7-win32) has been released.
>
>At the current plan, the release of 2.3.0rc is scheduled at the
>beginning of the next week, and 2.3.0 stable is scheduled within this
>month (around 24).
>
>    * Page setup for printing was added.
>    * The range specification of printing now works correctly.
>    * The printing of MIME part now uses the new printing function.
>    * The font size of printing now follows the display setting.

Thanks for the updates and improvements.  On printing, however, I just
checked something printed in beta6 with beta7 and am finding 7 prints
exactly the same number of lines in the same space that 6 did, allowing
for slightly different top/bottom margins with 6 (one line less at
default in 7).  I don't know what's possible with the print application
being used, but I'd like to see normal single spacing set between lines
and user control of the printing font and font size, separate from
the display settings.  At minimum, the spacing adjusted would help
a lot. Range specification is now working correctly (e.g., page 2 only).
Thanks.

Gene