[sylpheed:30569] Re: Changing the order of accounts

Gene Goldenfeld genegold at highstream.net
Thu Dec 14 09:00:22 JST 2006

John Gateley <sylpheed at jfoo.net> wrote:

>On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 00:31:24 +0200
>Cristian Secară <orice at secarica.ro> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 15:50:27 -0600, John Gateley wrote:
>>
>> > No, that just changes the order that accounts are checked
>> > for new mail. Not the order they appear in the tree.
>>
>> Then it should be a config file, perhaps folderlist.xml ? (in user
>> account settings, not in Sylpheed directory). I remember that I have
>> set this for myself once, but I cannot remember exactly how I have done
>> it.
>
>Yes, folderlist.xml. I changed it by hand, though it would be
>nice to have a tool to do this.

What I see in folderlist.xml is that email folders are listed
alphabetically, including Inbox, trash, etc. - subfolders follow main
ones - while newsgroups are in order of initial subscription, not
alphabetically as they are seen on screen.  Makes me wonder if there's
another file or some background setting controlling what we see on
screen.

Gene