[sylpheed:30539] Re: Spell Checking bug in 2.2.10

Don Koch aardvark at krl.com
Sun Dec 10 00:24:42 JST 2006

On Sat, 9 Dec 2006 03:55:53 -0700
Paul Dickson wrote:

> Here's an interesting spell checking bug in 2.2.10:
>
> Take the words "it has" and add "n't":
>
> 	it hasn't
>
> And the "hasn" will be flagged as a spelling error.

It also clears when you type a space or any punctuation after it.  I
could believe that it is an algorithm problem.  Consider a single
quoted string that ends in "hasn".  As soon as it sees the apostrophe,
it flags it, but as soon as it sees a space, it back checks.
To fix the problem, one would have to special case apostrophes.

> Now take the above, delete and re-add the "s":
>
> 	it hasn't
>
> This will not be flagged as an misspelling (which is correct).
>

> When I started, I found that "hasn't" as the first word on a line would
> not be flagged as a spelling error.

Odd, since when I do it, it flags it.  Although I'm running 2.2.9, I
doubt this has changed.

> 	-Paul

-d