[sylpheed:30525] Re: Sylpheed 2.3.0beta6 released

Ricardo Nabinger Sanchez rnsanchez at wait4.org
Fri Dec 8 02:15:43 JST 2006

On Thu, 7 Dec 2006 15:33:06 +0900
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp> wrote:

>     * The new mail notification on the tray icon is reset when any
>       message is read now.

>From what I observed, the icon is changed only if a message is read after
completing all retrievals (ie, after the last account is done retrieving).
I've just read a message while others were downloading and the icon with the
red letter was there (in the tray), until I read another after Sylpheed
finished downloading messages.

Perhaps setting the warning should be postponed until all accounts were
processed, and only if the user didn't read any messages (while downloading)?
Suppose the user receives one message from the first of his 10 accounts, and
read it while once account 2 is processed. No other account has messages.
Sylpheed will flag the warning after retrieval, but the user can't unflag it
as there is no message to read.

Anyway, this feature is much appreciated!  I don't have to mouse-query the
tray icon anymore. :)

--
Ricardo Nabinger Sanchez     <rnsanchez@{gmail.com,wait4.org}>