[sylpheed-announce:00147] [ANNOUNCE] Sylpheed 3.3 released
hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp
Fri Nov 9 15:19:48 JST 2012
The new stable version Sylpheed 3.3 has been released.
In this release, the interface for attachments and import / export
feature was improved. The association of mailto link and eml file are
automatically made on installation on Windows 7.
The libtiff library included in Windows version has been updated to fix
an security issue.
Other improvements and bugfixes have been also made.
(Note: there is no change since 3.3rc)
Changes since Sylpheed 3.2
* The ability of opening external eml files was added.
* Sylpheed now accepts mailto: and file: URL without command-line
option. (sylpheed file:///path/to/file.eml)
* Attached files can be opened from the attachment tool menu.
* 'Export only selected messages' option was added to the message
* The header labels on the header view now have tooltips.
* Win32: mailto and .eml association are automatically set to
default on Windows 7 on installation.
* The sylpheed.desktop file was modified so that desktop shells can
recognize Sylpheed as rfc822 and mailto handler.
* Attached files are now placed first on the message view.
* The attachment tool menu was moved to the left of the header view.
* The option to specify the position of the attach tool button was
* The option 'Toggle attachment list view with tab' and 'Show
attached files first on message view' were added at 'Common
preferences - Display - Attachment'.
* The import/export of messages became cancellable.
* config.rpath and install-sh script in the tarball were updated.
* The Japanese manual was updated.
* Win32: included libtiff library was updated to 3.9.7 (security
* Some compilation fixes were made.
* A minor memory leak related to tooltips was fixed.
* The drag-without-button-press bug on IMAP folders was fixed (#93).
* The sylpheed.spec file was fixed so that it builds on x86_64
platform, and also builds sylpheed-plugins package.
* IMAP FETCH command response parser was fixed.
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Sylpheed-announce