[sylpheed-announce:00017] Suspension of the distribution of specific versions of Win32 binaries

Hiroyuki Yamamoto hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp
Mon Nov 27 19:18:47 JST 2006

27 Nov 2006 Suspension of the distribution of specific versions of
Win32 binaries

Because of the license issue, the distribution of the binaries from
Sylpheed 2.1.6-win32-beta6 to Sylpheed 2.2.6-win32 was suspended.

These versions include GPGME library (libgpgme-11.dll) which came from
WinPT. These dll seems to be built from the CVS version of GPGME, but
the corresponding source codes are not distributed. The current state
doesn't fulfill GPL/LGPL, and I'm not provided the source code from the
author of WinPT yet. So I decided to suspend the distribution of the
corresponding binaries.

However, Sylpheed 2.2.7-win32 or later include self-built DLL from
GPGME 1.1.2, so they don't have a license issue. If you are using the
corresponding version, please upgrade to the latest version.

I apologize for inconvenience caused by the lack of consideration.

--
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp>