[pgpool-hackers: 3138] Re: Example for CERT authentication with Pgpool-II

Muhammad Usama m.usama at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 21:37:30 JST 2018

On Sun, Nov 18, 2018 at 5:59 AM Tatsuo Ishii <ishii at sraoss.co.jp> wrote:

> Usama,
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I have created a simple docker based example of using CERT authentication
> > with Pgpool-II frontend connections  for the reference.
> >
> > Please have a look and let me know what you think
> >
> > https://github.com/codeforall/pgpool_cert_auth
>
> Unfortunately it does not work for me.
>
> docker exec -it clientnode sudo -u postgres psql "sslmode=require
> port=9999 host=172.22.0.52 dbname=postgres user=certuser" -c "show
> pool_nodes"
> psql: server does not support SSL, but SSL was required

This is very strange, I have rebuild the dockers by pulling the fresh code
from repo and can run the test successfully.
Seems like setting of ssl configuration is failing.

can you please help me identify the issue by sending the log of
"docker-compose up " and of the output of following commands

docker exec -it pgmaster  /bin/bash -c 'cat $PGDATA/postgresql.conf'

docker exec -it pgmaster  /bin/bash -c 'cd $PGDATA/log && cat "$(ls -1rt  |
tail -n1)"'

docker exec -it pgslave  /bin/bash -c 'cat $PGDATA/postgresql.conf'

docker exec -it pgslave  /bin/bash -c 'cd $PGDATA/log && cat "$(ls -1rt  |
tail -n1)"'

docker exec -it pgpoolnode  /bin/bash -c 'cat ${PGPOOLCONF}/pgpool.conf'

> Also I noticed you do not use Pgpool-II RPMs provided by Pgpool-II
> community:
> https://pgpool.net/mediawiki/index.php/Yum_Repository
>
> Is there any reason for this?
>
> No reason as such, I just installed the Pgpool rpms from same repo from
where I was getting the PG server.
I have update the docker files to use the pgpool community rpms instead.

https://github.com/codeforall/pgpool_cert_auth/commit/218f7536330677597552330199d0fd637f88d5b0

Thanks
Best Regards
Muhammad Usama