[pgpool-hackers: 2657] Bug 339 was not fixed in Pgpool-II 3.6.7

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Wed Dec 27 16:12:47 JST 2017

Usama,

You said in bug 339:
https://www.pgpool.net/mantisbt/view.php?id=339
 Muhammad Usama

2017-12-14 00:23
We have fixed similar issue in Pgpool-II 3.5 and 3.6 branches. So can
you please try on the latest Pgpool-II releases for these branches to
check if the issue is fixed.  As for the older versions prior to
Pgpool-II 3.5, the watchdog in those versions has some known
shortcomings and uses the old binary communication protocol with no
dedicated watchdog process, so it is difficult to get that fix in the
older versions.

Not sure which is the commit you made for 3.6 branch, but since you
have not committed anything after Pgpool-II 3.6.7, which was released
2017/11/01, I guess Pgpool-II 3.6.7 is supposed to include the fix at
least. But actually the reporter of bug 339 claimed that the bug is
not fixed in 3.6.7.

Can you please look into this again?