[pgpool-general: 6794] Re: Pgpool-II with multiple independent PostgreSQL masters

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Tue Dec 10 10:11:33 JST 2019

> I am not sure if this is the correct channel for my question.  Please redirect me to a better resource.

This is the perfect place to ask such that questions.

> I am inquiring if have you any advice/thought/input/comment of using pgpool-II with multiple independent PostgreSQL masters (let’s assume three).  Pgpool-Il (assume active/standby) would send writes to all PostgresSQL masters and send reads to only one master in a load balanced manner.  There is no replication.  If a PG master is down pgpool-II would queue all writes until that PG master is restored.

Interesting configuration. Just out of curiosity, what's the purpose
(benefit) of this configuration?

Anyway, the closest configuration in Pgpool-II is "native replication
mode" of Pgpool-II (replication_mode = on). In this mode Pgpool-II
will send write queries to all three master nodes. Read queries will
be sent to one of them. Unfortunately, Pgpool-II does not have the
queuing feature though.

Best regards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii