[pgpool-general: 6133] Re: PgPool in streaming replication mode without failover and primary down

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Thu Jun 21 11:33:48 JST 2018

Andre,

I think his setting actually *allows* failover. Since his
failover_command is empty, no failover command gets executed and
standby is not promoted.

On the other hand, DISALLOW_TO_FAILOVER flag disables failover itself
but as a result client cannot connect to pgpool until the primary
comes up again.

Best regards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii