[pgpool-general: 6114] Disadvantages of Explicit Connection Pooler !

Nitish Kumar itcell.mpwz at mp.gov.in
Wed Jun 6 05:17:33 JST 2018

Hi Team,

I have my project set up with Spring Boot’s HikariCP connection pooler which
connects to my PgPool infrastructure running in Master -Slave & Load Balancing mode.

Just wanted to know is there any disadvantage in above architecture? Is the pooling of database connections getting redundant?

What should be the ideal approach ?

Also it would be really helpful if you all could suggeste some ideal number for max_connections and like wise settings for both HikariCP & PgPool if We want to run our project in current setup.

Hope to get a response!

Regards,
Nitish Kumar