[pgpool-general: 4688] Re: Pgpool sudo for virtual IP vs run as root

Lucas Luengas lucasluengas at gmail.com
Wed May 18 04:21:19 JST 2016

Hello.

I am using sudo. This is my configuration:

- File pgpool.conf:

ifconfig_path = '/usr/bin'
if_up_cmd = 'sudo ifconfig eth0:0 inet $_IP_$ netmask 255.255.255.0'
if_down_cmd = 'sudo ifconfig eth0:0 down'
arping_path = '/usr/bin'
arping_cmd = 'sudo arping -U $_IP_$ -w 1'

- File /etc/sudoers (edit with visudo command). At the end of file write
this:

Defaults:postgres !requiretty
postgres ALL=NOPASSWD: /sbin/ifconfig,/usr/sbin/arping

I am using pgpool installed from pgpool yum repository.

Regards.