[pgpool-general: 2478] NooB setup and confused

espeake at oreillyauto.com espeake at oreillyauto.com
Fri Jan 24 04:23:46 JST 2014

I have been looking through documentation and questions about setting up
pgpool II as part of our high availabilty solution for our postgre servers.
In one diagram it appears that you have a pgpool connection daemon and then
three nodes.  The diagram makes it appear that there is a server running
the daemon as the front end of the database cluster.  In what I am reading
it appears the pgpool is actually installed on the postgre servers.

Is this the case? or is it a separate server and still need postgre
installed on it.  Once I understand exactly what the infrastructure has to
be, the rest of documentation will lead me to success.

Right now in my lab I have two postgresql servers running ubuntu 12.04 and
postgresql version 9.1.11 and a pgpool II node running version 3.3.2.

I appreciate any help in pointing me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Eric Speake
Web Systems Administrator
O'Reilly Auto Parts

This communication and any attachments are confidential, protected by Communications Privacy Act 18 USCS § 2510, solely for the use of the intended recipient, and may contain legally privileged material. If you are not the intended recipient, please return or destroy it immediately. Thank you.